I spend a large portion of my time with entrepreneurial enterprises, start-ups and entrepreneurs. Even last saturday I was with about 40 entrepreneurs at Bangalore and the question of how to build trust and how to build a brand kept coming up. Even though many people make suggestions, the truth is that for a young company, division or brand, only one thing can help build trust – being consistent.
So, when I saw this article, I loved it instantaneously! How is it that the truth always seems so simple that we miss it? Read the article here: http://www.mckinsey.com/Insights/Consumer_And_Retail/The_three_Cs_of_customer_satisfaction_Consistency_consistency_consistency
What can start-ups learn from this survey results?
- Consistency is key to customer satisfaction
- Consistency can be built only if we know the customer journey with the company / product
- Consistency in experience at different points in the customer journey can lead to building trust
- Consistency can be easily incorporated in communication
- Consistency is about showing up
- Consistency means making promises and keeping promises
Consistency is an important tool for entrepreneurs to build a brand for their start-ups. Entrepreneurs must make promises and deliver on those promises. If start-ups do this consistently, they are bound to build trust amongst their early customers. As more people experience this trust, they all start associating the product / service with the start-up. This leads to brand creation.
“Consistency” is hence key to a start-up’s growth journey, both for revenue growth as well as for brand creation.
Three C’s of Customer Satisfaction: Consistency, Consistency, Consistency!
Have you built consistency into your start-up and/or yourself? Start it today! Someone is watching!